Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

weather_boy2010

weather_boy2010

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, I have this big problem and HP was of NO help to me in the problem. The problem is that the internet connection is not stable or something. When I am downloading something the download stops in the middle of the download and then I have to re-do the download again and hope that I can get the whole thing. Also when I am on MSN Messenger it will sign me out and then tell me that it will try and reconnect me in 3 seconds, 2 seconds and so on. What can I do about this?

Advertisements

prab

prab

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
First off, you could try using firefox (www.getfirefox.com). It will automaticly save any progress that it has made downloading. The next time you connect to the internet it will resume the download.

Second, the problem with MSN messenger is probably related. There are a number of things that could be causing this problem. You may want to call your internet service provider (AOL, Comcast, ect.) Otherwise I recomend you post a HiJack This log in the malware removal forum, after following these directions. Please tell them what the problem, and how you connect to the internet (dial up, cable, dsl). It will give them a little nudge in the correct direction.

Hope this helps,
~Prab~

Edited by prab, 24 May 2005 - 06:32 PM.