Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any help with PCI adapter troubles?

• Please log in to reply

dts2012

dts2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am losing my mind over this problem and cant find any articles that are helping me solve my problem. I am at a college that does not allow us to put wireless routers on their network, so I decided to buy a PCI adapter to install in the back of my computer and put the router on my own network so that I can have a wireless signal in my room. Well, the physical installation of the adapter went great and everything was going smooth, but then i started having trouble. Right now the network coming off of my pci adapter says that it had limited or no connectivity. I have my internet connection set up to share its internet with the connection, but I still can't get the internet to work. I need this card to work and start putting out my own IP address so that i don't have a router on the school's network. any ideas?

Advertisements