Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

School pc blocking everything!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Martin245

Martin245

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!
I just got my high school pc (dell latitude 13 with windows 7) and want to become an admin, I tried to run cmd as admin to make my non-admin school user admin but the pc blocked me, just saying : Please enter admin password to continue...
So does anyone out there know a way to gain admin rights without knowing the admin password??
I think this is the right place to get the help I need :)

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I think this is the right place to get the help I need

Actually, this is the wrong place. You need to go to your school IT department and explain to them why you are trying to circumvent their security procedures. Perhaps they will be happy to explain to you that having the computer is a privilege which should not be abused.

You are not an admin because you have no need to be an admin. Admin passwords are set to keep people who are not admins out and to prevent unwanted changes to the computer. I also note that according to the rules you agreed to when you joined here, we do not help users bypass passwords. I suspect you, or your parents, agreed to similar rules when you accepted the computer.