Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fatal system error on dell 1150 with windows xp home edition

• Please log in to reply

greenberetcpt

greenberetcpt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am working with my brother-in-law's dell 1150 laptop. It has windows xp and when he brought here on a visit, it ran very slowly. After clicking on internet explorer, it took a long time for anything to happen. At that time it had 256 memory, service pack 2 and many items starting at start-up.

The laptop owner said he had never downloaded updates and had not used the system recently.

I have added memory to get it 1 GB, added 2010 Norton internet security, new adobe reader, updated java.

I have been trying to get microsoft updates and in the process internet explorer 8 and 13+30+25 updates
were downloaded.

The last set of updates was to get it from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3. In the process of installing the last set of updates, I got the blue screen with the fatal system error phrase.

I hope you can help me.

Advertisements