Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uncontrollable scrolling -- is it a virus?

• Please log in to reply

skye99

skye99

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hoping that someone can help me with this -- for the past month or so my Dell laptop has had a problem with uncontrollable scrolling up and to the left. This is now getting worse and happens in all programs including Word, Adobe, all internet browsers, etc. Even to type this message is difficult because the cursor periodically jumps back to the top left corner of this text box. I have tried attaching a new external mouse but this does not help. The problem occurs even when not using the touchpad. I have scanned my computer with multiple anti-virus programs but no luck. It is getting difficult to use the computer for anything. Even holding the down / right arrows does not help. PLEASE ADVISE!!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
where else have you posted for help