Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with burning cds

• Please log in to reply

vt88

vt88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been able to burn cds no problem untill a few months ago. I use itunes or acoustica mp3 burner to make the cds, both programs will burn mp3 and data cds with no problem, but every single time i try to burn a regular audio cd they always come up blank i have tried to play them in everything my cd player the computer, xbox, dvd player and nothing. like i said it worked a few months ago and i can burn mp3 and data cds, but not standard audio to play in car cd players and standard cd players.

Advertisements

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
It sounds like it might be an encoder issue. I am not familiar with Acoustica or Itunes. I hope someone else can give you better information, but I would start by looking for a cda encoder. The encoder could have become corrupted or the settings could be wrong. Check your settings then try looking for an update on your specific encoder.

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
You might also have the burner software set to "Simulation" mode. Deselect that if possible... You can try what the previous poster mentioned. Worst case scenario I would try the optical drive in another pc to see if it works. & if you don't have another pc you can try it on than reinstall Windows. But than again that's a worst case scenario... Depends how badly you want this drive. They normally go for about $30 so if it's no major loss if it doesn't work anymore.