Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crazy Crash and now weird Pixels

• Please log in to reply

Timbone86

Timbone86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I just ran Webroot after I deleted a program that caused it to freeze up at one point. I walked away and when I came back. The complete Pc was frozen. So, the only option I was left was to turn it off. When I started it again. I now have crazy dots and dashes going vertically on the Gateway screen when I start up. THEN, when it gets to the windows screen, I see a bunch of dots and dashes. Finally, when it gets to the actual desktop. It looks like its in safe mode with how big everything is. I thought that maybe my monitor settings got changed so I adjusted. However, even though I brought it back, ALL the pictures I have and anything I run is now all boxy. I went into safe mode and ran the antivirus and I got ride of all the viruses that was known to it. However, it still is the same thing now. I was thinking of just wiping the computer completely with the operating system disc. However,I never done this before and I'm afraid if I did this then I would lose windows and I don't have the money buy the new one out. I am running on a Windows vista 32 bit w/ a 8800 G-Force Graphics card. Any ideas on what it might be? Thanks for any help you give me. I am a noob so please be specific with anything you say.

Advertisements