Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer want print

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
my printer was printing fine until a day or so.
then for some reason it stopped.
i unstalled the printer and reinstalled it now the scanner will scan but when i try to print it just ask me to save the photo or is ask me how i want to print the photo. it looks like the computer does not know it has a printer attatched.
when i installed the printer i just hooked it up to windows 7 and let it automatically install the drivres.

but this morning i tried the disk that came with the printer and it gave me an error message said it cannot use windows 7. the printer is a little old.

it is a hp psc 1345v.

i have a screen shot of the message that i get when i try to print.

for this reason i think that it a software option in my computer.

so hear is the screen shot. if i left any info. out please let me know, thanks

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Windows 7 may have put Microsoft XPS Document Writer as your default printer instead of the HP psc 1345v

The software that came with your printer is probably not compatible with Windows 7

Just install your printer letting Windows 7 install the driver and after go to your Control panel/Printer Screen Option and tell Windows 7 that your HP printer is the default one.

Hope that helps

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
ok i went to control panel and selected set as default but still know luck. when i select a photo it still ask me how do i want to print.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i looked again at your instructions i changed some things and now it is working. thanks for your help.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Glad to know it is working now