Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp 2003- xtremely slow

• Please log in to reply

iinspectxxx

iinspectxxx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my computer is extremely slow to respond to commands. I have run virus scans with SUPERAntiSpyware and keep getting : Adware. Vundo/Variant-X32(Header)

I do the removal and then run another scan and it's still there.

Also my computer will not let me run a internet properties. it tells me that I need to be the administrator. I am. I tried the regedit where you change binary to zero but that did not work. i think i made it worse.
Thanks for the Help.

ScottEmail me

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

iinspectxxx

iinspectxxx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Rorschach112

I downloaded tfc and ran. was unable to download erunt, i did run malwarebytes and it detected and removed two infections. the notepad came up i did not copy, thought i could retrieve later but have been unable to find. I then removed AVG free edetion and downloaded Microsoft Sevurity Essentials. I ran a scan and it came back clean. I then tried to unistall SuperAnti spyware but have been unable to from the control panel. when i try to it says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to folder containing the installation package
WISCDDCBBF1270346BC938BBCC81A1EEAAA_4_25_0_1014.MSI in the box below

I tried searching folders but was unable to find anything. Since I can't remove the spyware program i thought i should ask before i try to continue on with the fix.
Can you recommend

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
do the rest of the steps in the guide