Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with selecting a new graphics card

• Please log in to reply

cpd0611

cpd0611

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm more or less a total newb when it comes to computers. My computer has an AMD dual core 5050e processor, onboard graphics, and 4GB of ram (don't even know how to figure out what kind), and is running windows vista 64bit. I need to stick a dedicated graphics card in here that would meet a minimum requirement of an AMD 2900 HD. I only have a 300 watt PSU, and upgrading it is not a readily available option at the moment. There aren't really any accessories being run off the PC other then the mouse, keyboard, and disk drives. Is there an AMD graphics card that would fit the bill without overtaxing my PSU? Or do I have no option other then to upgrade my PSU?

Advertisements