Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no drivers

• Please log in to reply

saraface

saraface

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
My poor computer fell victem to a virus attack and my modem went kaput. i recently reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 98. Everything is working great, except my settings won't allow me to set my display at anything higher than 16 colors. I did a little research through some other topics and ended up going to the device manager and discovered that i'm missing my PCI Ethernet Controller and PCI System Management BUS. There's also 3 unknown devices in there. I tried using Windows Update to find the drivers and it couldn't find anything and with all the googling I've done, I have still yet to find the driver I need. Nothing works in 16 colors. It's annoying. please please, :tazz:

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

Please download and install Everest Home Editon, found on my signature below. Have a hardware report, then post.

Edited by kool808, 24 May 2005 - 10:08 PM.

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
eh, i don't see your signature. could you please post an address for me instead?

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
nevermind, i'm a retard. i found it. give me and my 36.6 modem about 20 minutes :tazz:

Edited by saraface, 24 May 2005 - 10:19 PM.

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
here you go!

Attached Files

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Please download and install the following:

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
:tazz: awsesome! thank you so so much!

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
;) You are always welcome. Feel free to come again at Geeks to Go! if you need some repairing,advices,tweaks or anything under the sun... Have a great time. :tazz:

Edited by kool808, 25 May 2005 - 09:52 AM.

PRW

PRW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
kool808,
thanks - solved my problems also :tazz:

Edited by PRW, 03 June 2005 - 03:15 PM.