Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build Questions

• Please log in to reply

Pl3ppp

Pl3ppp

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all xD
Done a few builds before but im starting to get into nitty gritty details with RAM/CPU and oc'ing, and i need some advice xD
Im planning on ordering this:

Intel i5 760, CPU

4GB(2x2GB) Corsair TwinX Dom GT, RAM

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, Mobo

Akasa Freedom Xone, Case

3x 120mm Akasa AK-174BK-S, Fans

500GB Samsung HD502HJ (I already own 2x 250's), HD

750W Corsair CMPSU-750HXUK, PSU

I already own one XFX ATI 5770 (Tempted to buy a second in the near future?), and Artic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2

Im going to be using this for gaming/sound and video editing.

The few things im not too sure about are,
Will the Ram run at a proper speed?
Im pretty sure all of this is compatable, but is it all the best thing that will fit?
Im not to sure on the mobo, i wouldnt mind being able to OC a bit (i hear the 760 can be pushed to 4GHz easy, and i love my 5770 Oc'd :)

Thanks for any help, and i welcome suggestions.
Many thanks

Advertisements

kleptonite

kleptonite

• Pip
  • 2 posts
From the research I've done Gigabyte seems to be the most popular for Intel i5. What is the difference with the different models? There is Socket 1156 then P55 seems to be the best... what is the difference with the models?

Pl3ppp

Pl3ppp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
"P55" Represents the chipset, And 1156 is the socket (for the CPU), And then models you'l have to check for yourself, but its usualy the amount of connections (weather its PCI-E, USB etc) Iv actualy decided to go with a AMD 1055T build as Intel are ditching the 1156 socket at the end of this year, not to mention greater performence for less.

kleptonite

kleptonite

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What about just upgrading to i7 or i7 extreme instead of switching to AMD?

Pl3ppp

Pl3ppp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No, i cant afford it, good intel boards are pretty expensive, whereas my AMD 1055t (hex core, can be over clocked to 4ghz) is £160, and a decent (good oc and support for 3x crossfire) is also £160.