Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some quick help. Cannot login to 192.168.1.1

• Please log in to reply

JordanBul

JordanBul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried to login using every default password/username combination possible. I simply cannot login. It simply says login failed, please try again. Strange thing is, I have logged into it previously and one month later I can no longer do it.

So I have a few questions:
Why can I not login?
How do I find the model of the modem? (Would it be on near the serial number?[Kind of a stupid question])
Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 so why am I having such a problem logging in?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Your router will come with a default user name and password which can be found in the accompanying manual. As part of the setup process you may have changed the default user name and password. In this case only you will know the correct details. You should check you are entering your credentials correctly bearing in mind that these will be case sensitive(Use Caps Lock where necessary). If you did not change the password then there is a possibility that somebody else did (or you forgot). In this case your only option would be to restore your router to factory defaults and set it up from scratch.
The model number should be located on the same label, or close to, the serial number. For example, on a Belkin router the model number is here: router_label.gif

Hope this helps.