Windows Security Center
Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:59 PM
Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:43 PM
GMER Rootkit Scanner - Download - Homepage
[*] Download GMER
[*] Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
[*] Double click GMER.exe.
[*] If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
[*] In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
Click the image to enlarge it
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click on Minimal Output at the top
- Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
- Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
- A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
- Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
- Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:43 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users