Alrighty, well, some background info on this laptop:
Dell Inspiron 1545.
Was brought Windows Vista home premium, had upgrade to Windows 7 home premium.
Doesn't have excessive protection (as my computer)
Owned by my sister, largely used by my brother for gaming (online games such as runescape, club penguin, and so on..)
Had some adapter problems (Pluged in, not charging).
I went ahead sent it to the repair shop who mentioned that there was something missing from the adapter -> motherboard pin. So he quoted us a price right up. After, Dell had finally sent me the adapter we had been feuding about for over 4 months..!
So I finally had my sister's laptop working.
Oh wait a second! I had to take it back to the repair shop so that he may fix up the mobo pin. So we took it, got it back. But before we left the store, I had turned it on and saw that the dell dock had stopped working (image below)
I ended up mentioning that to my father, and then I was like screw it, ill fix it at home.
I go home, everyone starts wanting to use this cheap piece of metal
Ok, so now what? Well.. I waited until yesterday when I finally was allowed to mess around with it!
A couple things that I have tried and have noticed!
1. I tried chkdsk, nothing much happened.
2. Dell Dock crashes
3. Scripted Diagnostics Native Host crashes
4. Audioses.dll does not want to work.
5. Whenever somehting that uses audio is enabled, I get the audioses.dll message (including during boot):
(The title is renamed according to the program)
6. I tried reinstalling all audio drivers
7. Installed 3rd party audio drivers
8. Ran through Device manager, disabled IDT High Def. Audio Codec. (which seemed to halt the error messages after I disabled.)
9. Tried copying over my audioses.dll from my pc (yes, made a backup of the original) over to system32. No luck
10. Tried 3rd party dll (I understand the dangers, but no risk, no solution).
11. Tried using the SFC command. (still have no idea how to open up the log)
12. Tried re-reinstalling drivers. Nothing
And yea, I probably tried a few more things, still cant remember exactly. But I also had troubles using Windows updates (Until I tried going into safe mode and doing some back end stuff).
Anyways, this is what I'm left with:
(On my laptop now by the way)
p.s. had to get rid of image tags seeing as this board does not support .png
Edited by bluegang6, 18 September 2010 - 01:35 PM.