Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i refomat comp

• Please log in to reply

inite

inite

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Newbie question, but i might have to do it for the first time. I heard i'll be guided once i have the cd in and boot with cd first.

But i've 1gb worth of songs and some other stuffs which might take days to backup. However, they are all in my d drive and everything in my c drive does not need back up.

Is it possible to leave the d drive untouched since backing that up could take ages.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Absolutely possible.

If you don't care about the C: drive, start windows setup with the cd, delete the partition, then simply install as normal...setup will create a partition, format and install

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ok i've actually done that by luck, just tried my luck since i was lost without help earlier. I got comp working, however i realise that my internet and comp is working slowly.

I did not reinstall anything tho, cos this is the first time i'e reformat my comp, and i dunno what to reinstall. For some reason i was about to get my internet to work without installing its driver.

Furthermore, i did not install my mainboard utitlity cos i believe i've lost the disc, and i cant seem to install win office even tho i've the disc. When i put the disc in, it did not install itself and there are far too many setups when i explore it. Do i have to install one by one?