Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook repeatedly sending message I didn't write

• Please log in to reply

bobaronson

bobaronson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I changed the name of my Facebook Group from Organ Tranplant Patients, Friends and Families to ORDER Transplantation Initiative and sent an email to all 2300 members informing them of the change. Facebook sent that email out once but then repeatedly sent another name change email that I didn't write to every member. That email said that I had changed the name from Organ Transplant Patients, Families and Friends, to Organ Transplant Patients Families and Friends. Why on earth would I do that? Some recieved the fake email over 60 times and are still getting it as often as every 15 minutes. So far we have lost over 300 members. I have run four malware and four virus sweeps of my computer and found nothing. I checked with Facebook and found scores of other page administators have experienced the same problem but Facebook offers no real help. Can you help? I am desperate~

Edited by bobaronson, 19 September 2010 - 07:38 AM.

Advertisements