Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A strange new thing in Device Manager

• Please log in to reply

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
When I turned on my PC today it attempted to install, I got the 'new hardware' bubble but I got the same error as above when installing.

Advertisements

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, what do you have connected to your comp. apart from keyboard & mouse ?.
do you have any add in cards ? (pci etc.)

All my peripherals are Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitor and a USB External HD.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi,.....interesting !!!. Go to System tools-System information-Components-Problem devices & post the PNP DEVICE ID. As Phil said, not much on google. Let us see what else we can find.

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
ACPI\PNPA000\4&5D18F2DF&1

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi, i notice from your GMER log in the malware forum that you have Daemon Tools on your comp. The devices look like virtual devices !!!.Check this thread, see if it helps. You could just disable them & se what happens.

http://www.geekstogo...r-device-error/

P>S> googled the ID ....interesting info,

Edited by deggitt, 23 September 2010 - 01:56 PM.

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thanks Deggitt, that's a bit of a weird problem. Apparently the same company that makes the Virtual Clonedrive that the other guy used makes Any DVD, which I had over a year ago, maybe even two or more years. So I've downloaded Any DVD again and I'll install it tomorrow to see what happens. Hopefully it will be gone when I uninstall.

That was a great find though, your last post. Thanks for the help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts

Thanks Deggitt, that's a bit of a weird problem. Apparently the same company that makes the Virtual Clonedrive that the other guy used makes Any DVD, which I had over a year ago, maybe even two or more years. So I've downloaded Any DVD again and I'll install it tomorrow to see what happens. Hopefully it will be gone when I uninstall.

That was a great find though, your last post. Thanks for the help.

Yes I got the same google hit ;) and was suprised deggitt and Alzeimer hadn`t already pointed you in that direction, but lo and behold when I looked back in deggitt had :D good catch, lets hope it cures the annoyance.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi PAZMA. Before you possibly clean this up would you take a scr shot for me ?

In device manager would you right click AL78DAC1 Ide controller & in Properties take a shot of General Tab & a shot of Driver Tab. I am somewhat interested in the entries. With the scope of the internet i am slightly surprised when i don't get a hit when searching. :D

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I installed AnyDVD again and uninstalled it and Daemon tools lite but there's no change. Here's the pics you asked for:

Posted Image

Posted Image

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
HI PAZMA, thanks for the shots. not much info. there. Can you take the shots of the othe IDE controller...AL78DAC1 as this might give some useful info.

Advertisements

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I feel stupid now but I can't find it ha ha. This is what I see in Device Manager, maybe you can point it out for me? :D

Posted Image

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
:D thats interesting, it was shown in your first post. wonder where it went.

i see essexboy has found some miscreants, lets see what crawls out of the woodwork. i will still research this.

if you look at your first post you will see that two entries have gone, this i think is to do with installing and uninstalling the two software programs. i think this controller is to do with the same. i would try uninstalling it again, if that fails to clear it just disable it. lets us know what happens.

Edited by deggitt, 25 September 2010 - 06:19 AM.

Pazma

Pazma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I uninstalled it and restarted and it didn't come back. It must have been Daemon Tools Lite that did it. :D

Thanks again mate, I can concentrate on the other problems now, I may be more careful in future.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Great news, glad you sorted it. As i didn't get any google hits with either one i assumed that they were connected