Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen messing up

• Please log in to reply

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So I recently formatted my computer and put XP back onto it (Ugh). I installed all the drivers and the one for my graphics card. When I reinstalled a game I play and began playing every minute or so the screen will start turning random colors and I can't see anything going on in my game. It has happened on multiple games (League of Legends, WoW) and I have no idea how to fix it :D

Advertisements

ParagonGeek

ParagonGeek

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
What graphics cards do you have? What version of DirectX are you using? What game?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please let us know if you are still having problems or if you found a solution.

To run dxdiag:
go to start, Run and enter dxdiag
Give it a min. to bring up the diag screen
The first tab will contain dxversion and other basic system info. The display tab will provide info regarding your video card.
At the bottom of dxdiag is the option to save all information. You may save the info and then attached the file in your next reply so that we can look at how your system is configured.

I would also recommend that you go ahead and update directx. http://www.microsoft...es/directx.aspx
Go to that url. ON the bottom right is another link to "Latest DirectX Downloads for Gamers". Click on that link and download "DirectX End-User Runtime".
Once downloaded just run dxwebsetup.exe. Follow the prompts and it will update your directx.