Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow MacBook

• Please log in to reply

lfspringer

lfspringer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just purchased MacBook in March 2010. Have been a PC for many, many years. Know pretty much how to clean off the PC of temp files, cookies, recycle bin old compress files, etc; BUT, have no clue how to do that for the Mac, or if it has to be done. Please advise. This morning already, I started signing in at 9:30am, and still this cute little colorful circle has me in limbo waiting to see the rest of my sentences. I'm at school and in between classes, trying to do my homework, but I'm suspended.

Is there a setting that can be set up to do a regular clean-up, or is that already active?

Please help!

Thanks so much!

ps Taking Computer classes so I can learn how to build, troubleshoot, repair and network these darlins that I love so well. (smile)

Advertisements

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Most likely a hardware problem with your MAC, not a software/cache/temp. :D

lfspringer

lfspringer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, will have to have that checked out.