Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

multiple wireless routers

• Please log in to reply

Oberon75

Oberon75

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I've got my office on one end of the house with my PCs, modem, wireless router, wireless printer, etc. At the other end of the house, is all of my home entertainment equipment. Is there any way I can use multiple wireless routers (I have 2 Linksys WRT54G2, but only one in use at the moment) to share my internet connection between two routers, on one network, using a wireless network?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nope, not with a wireless router at least. you could convert one router to be running in access point mode (basically turns it into a wireless switch) but that router would have to be connected to the first router via ethernet for it to work.

if you had a wireless bridge, you could connect the wired devices on one end to a wireless device on the other (i.e. all your AV commotion to the main router)