Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I feel like I've tried everything.....

• Please log in to reply

mwhitney

mwhitney

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The Problem
-After minimizing some programs, it takes several quick clicks to reopen from the task bar.
-After I alt+tab any full screen game I cannot reopen from the task bar. I have to rightclick restore or shutdown the game and restart it. This even happens if I try to play the games in windowed mode and just press the minimize button.
-When playing a full screen game in any mode with any graphic settings the game will flicker while trying log in but not while playing the game
-The same flickering happens during some of my other programs:
-HijackThis
-FireFox

Solutions I've tried
-Updated and scanned with:
-Mawarebytes
-SUPERAntiSpyware
- Ad-Aware
- AVG Antivirus

Edited by Essexboy, 26 September 2010 - 10:08 AM.
log removed

Advertisements

ParagonGeek

ParagonGeek

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Have you tried:

1. Uninstalling (use Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalling the newest version of your graphics card drivers.
2. Make sure DirectX isn't having any problems and is up-to-date. (Start > Run (or Windows Key + R) type dxdiag and click OK)
3. If you have the ability (NVidia or ATI graphics cards) to turn on "Vertical Sync" or "Wait for Refresh" in your Advanced Graphics settings to avoid tearing and graphics anomalies.

Can you give us a little more information on your machine: (Operating System, RAM, Graphics Card, ad infinitum, ad nauseum)

mwhitney

mwhitney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no I didn't try that but I will and tell you how it went.
Oh and I did have that info on the post it looks like the post got edited and that went along with it.
OS-Windows 7 32 bit
AMD Athion X2 64 bit dual core processor
Nvidia Geforce 6150LE
3GB Ram
...and I don't know what ad infinitum, ad nauseum are....

mwhitney

mwhitney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried all the suggestions and still the same problem.....

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
"and I don't know what ad infinitum, ad nauseum are....
"

Ad infinitum means never ending, and ad nauseum means getting sick (to your stomach)