Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebyte's installation Problem

• Please log in to reply

steve0205

steve0205

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When trying to execute the Malwarebyte's setup.exe file I get the following "error" message. "These setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." I originally downloaded the setup file from your Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. I then tried to download from Malwarebyte's home page. The setup file does download; however, I get the above error message when I try to install the software. I noticed when downloading the setup file that explorer indicated that the duration and size of file to download is unknown. I have also noticed that lately a process called spoolsv.exe is taking 98-99% of cpu usage.

I am running Windows XP Professional, service pack 3, I have installed all of the Microsoft updates as of two days ago.

Thank you for any advice!

PS:
I have been battling malware for the past few days. Mainly redirects in explorer and Google. I also was battling svchost.exe errors at boot up. The svchost.exe errors were occurring before windows login.
I have used various free downloads to remove spyware, malware, virus etc.. I have used spybot, vipre rescue, errorfix etc. I believe I have removed all that I know. However, I wanted to make sure since I have a few minor symptoms that are puzzling to me. Example, Icons on my Notification section of the taskbar sometimes don't show up, even when set to always show; like volume control, laptop power source, mouse etc..

Advertisements