Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Civ3, Civ4 and Civ5? How do they compare?

• Please log in to reply

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
A couple months ago I posted asking for a more modern game than the Masters of Orion I have been playing for 15 years. Someone recommended Civ3. I picked a copy up on ebay for $4 and love it.

So...
How do Civ4 and Civ5 compare? Are they improvements, or just more fancy graphics that I can live without.
Civ3 is about as complicated as I can handle; so if they are more difficult to play, they are not for me.
Thanks.

Civ3 only just plays on W7; I expect Civ5 is better in that regard.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Civ4 is basically Civ3 perfected. While I haven't gotten around to Civ5 yet and the reviews have been largely positive, it apparently changes up the traditional Civ formula a bit, so I'd say it's a safer bet that you'd like Civ4. Also, I can't talk about Civilzation without mentioning two older games, Civ2 and Alpha Centauri, which are the best reviewed and my personal favorites in the series.