Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC accouns

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Have discovered on my PC these differing accounts all with differing files in them:

Donna
Donna's Computer o8ADD8
Donna Documents
Jean
Owner
The Black Dahlia

I think part of the problem here is that I have an External Hard Drive.
I use Goodsync Program to back up files.
This program as I understand it 'balances the files on my PC with the files on the External Hard drive.' Thus every time I run it, any new files from my PC will go on the External Hard Drive as back up.

I recently purchased a new PC. Unknowingly I did a sync run after some time on the new PC. This I think was the wrong thing to do. Believe this is why I have all these accounts with differing files in them. Plan to format the External Drive and then use for the new PC. But would like to organize these accounts so files in them are pretty much the same, eliminate what is not needed etc. Is this the thing to do? What kind of problems might this present? Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this issue before I begin moving files around or deleting any accounts.

I have the administrative account visible and limited account visible. Want to work and use the limited account with administrative privileges and then use the Admin. Acct. only for options that cannot be done on the limited account.

Advertisements

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
In reviewing my post, I note at the left side it says that I have Vista. No, I do not. My desktop has XP Home Edition on it.