Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering information on a CD that reads blank

• Please log in to reply

conncondo

conncondo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to import-load some Word files from a cd onto my computer. I have gone to “My Documents” and the box shows blank. The message that pops up is:

The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password, or the filename contains an \ or /

The cd came from my manager who had his contacts put on the disk when he left his old job. How can I pull off the information on the disk?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Try it on another computer and see if they can see the data on the disc first. Then see if they can copy the data from the cd. If not, then the disc wasn't burned/created successfully and there won't be much you can do.