Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo, CPU, or GPU problem?

• Please log in to reply

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well 4 passes were error free, now what? :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
wannabe1 asked;

Did you install the Sound Blaster software for HD Audio using the disk provided with your motherboard? I've seen those drivers be pretty glitchy under Windows 7.

Have you checked this out?
Can you loan a known good psu if only to try and eliminate it as the possible cause, the same with the video card, the only other thing I can think of and it is hard to identify is whether something has a flaw in it (a hairline crack) and when the system is getting warm the crack is getting wider and so breaking the circuit.

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nope I never install those, and nope I cannot loan any CPU or graphics card. :D

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
This is the message I got from windows after it rebooted itself.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800458B130
BCP2: FFFFF88013F6ACF8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101210-15163-01.dmp
C:\Users\Batman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29593-0.sysdata.xml

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That helps a little. It appears to be driver related. Unfortunately, it doesn't name the driver involved.

In my experience, video and audio drivers would be the most likely suspects, followed by the chipset drivers.

Have you updated all these drivers to the latest versions or are you running your devices using native Windows drivers?

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I think I have the native drivers for the most part, except on the video card. I tried to install from the cd but it said i had vista and it was too old for 7. I am waiting on the bluescreen, I did what you told me to so maybe that will tell us whats wrong. So do you think I should to install the mobo drivers, I am not sure if I did this or not but I can always try.

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
The noise that happens when it happens happened again, but this time no screen distortion. Only glitchy cursor and everything froze before it restarted itself. Unfortunately I did not get the blue screen we were looking for. Here is the error report:

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80050EA7B8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I would like to thank everybody again for continuing to help me with this!!!!

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok thank you all again for all your help! I think I figured out the problem. It was the drivers as suggested, I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia, like 260 or something. It worked fine and got rid of the problems with the screen distorting and the restarts, and the monitor not comming on. The problem I had with the new driver was that I would alt+tab out of wow and the screen would get huge, this also happened while looking at youtube along with beeps. So I just bought a new graphics card. I got a Sapphire radeon hd 5750. I chose ATI because I have an AMD processor. Hopefully this will be ok, I have heard some haters out there on the ATI cards, but it had a lot of good reviews on new egg. Thanks again!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thank you for letting us know the issue is now resolved and for posting your solution so that others may learn.
Driver issues can manifest themselves in many different ways and that is why sometimes they can be difficult to pinpoint and the same goes for PSUs when they start playing up.
On the ATI choice it has been suggested before that they work better with AMD and who knows it is mostly down to personal preference, budget, intended use etc I currently have a sapphire HD card in my desktop which has an Intel CPU and have never had a problem with it, but previously I had a MB with an Athlon 3200+ CPU in it and had driver issues with it, this was finally cured by a hotfix from Sapphire it just wouldn`t work with the AMD drivers alone.
Anyhow glad you got it sorted :D

dalligood7

dalligood7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
So far so good, and thanks again!!! :D

Advertisements