Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any Pagemaker users out there?

• Please log in to reply

stattad

stattad

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have been using Pagemaker 6.5 for many years with no problems. But I just got a new laptop, and I have a few now. For one, my tab key doesn't work in this program anymore. It works in Word or other programs, but not in PM. I also have to type three columns of numbers, many of them having "half" symbols after a number, like 12 1/2. But this new laptop doesn't have a keypad, so I can't use ALT-0189. The other numbers at the top don't work.

1. Why doesn't the tab key work?
2. What is a different method of entering 1/2?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Basic situation appears to boil down to this:

Pagemaker has been discontinued as of March 2004, though it technically dates from 2001. Therefore assuming your new laptop is running WIndows 7, and Adobe have already stated that 6.5 does not work under VIsta, it's almost taken that it will not be fully compatible with WIndows 7 either. They don't even support it under XP, it's that old now.

Compatibility mode may be an option. Not guaranteed, but worth a shot.