Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

rockyisle

rockyisle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like to know if there is anyway possible that I could restore my computer to factory settings? At one point everything were fine and operational. One day I turned on the computer and I noticed it took awhile to come on then it started to shut down as soon as I logged on. Next sign was when it came back on and i wasn't able to open my windows media player. It didn't even open or give an error message. So I thought it needed to restart so I did that. Next, the computer stayed on without booting me out for about 2-3 hrs then all of a sudden it said it had to restart there was a problem and it shutdown on me 3-4 times then showed me a blue screen with all kind information on it saying it will restart several times before it will be fixed. Of course, I assume that is what it suppose to do then since I have not been able to open my windows media player and keep the computer from shutting me out when it wants too. Please in dire need of some assistance. Also, i don't have a cd disc to restore if it is needed so what would I do then? I do appreciate all your assistance in this matter.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Exactly how to "restore my computer to factory settings" depends on the brand and model number of your computer. If you can supply those we will attempt to help you find an answer.