Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Offline updates for window

• Please log in to reply

Murlidhar

Murlidhar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have downloaded updates for window XP using ctupdate5.1. It has downloaded the updates as told here (My link). But when I tried to install them from client directory it says Error: Determination of OS properties failed . After it I tried it with wsusoflineupdate 6.3.3 but same result.
Can anybody help me ?
Thank You

Edited by Murlidhar, 06 October 2010 - 08:44 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as evidenced by the fact that microsoft recently had one of the largest offline update sources completely shut down. offline updating (from any other source than the microsoft approved method of using SUS or WSUS or their other products) is actually against the Microsoft Terms Of Use.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

as evidenced by the fact that microsoft recently had one of the largest offline update sources completely shut down. offline updating (from any other source than the microsoft approved method of using SUS or WSUS or their other products) is actually against the Microsoft Terms Of Use.

Strange really but unfortunately true. Microsoft don't like you downloading their own updates from websites that they own using a program that they didn't write.