Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DISPLAY SETTING IN CONTROL PANEL ONT FOUND

• Please log in to reply

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Did you purchase it new?? If so, contact the vendor and ask for the appropriate disks..

According to the Hitachi website, the 2500 series is the cd-rom NOT the model of the system..

Murray

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Do you have the windows Cab files on your computer? If you are not sure, type *.cab into Find and let us know what it finds.

SHREEJI

SHREEJI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i have found hhupdcab.inf,Wzcab.dll,ycab.dii,and-000cab.trg files

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I believe ya did it wrong, type "*.cab" into Find without the quotes. the "*" is important and so is the "." right after it. It looks like you typed "*cab" or something like that instead. When you install windows its smart to store the cab files on your hard drive. I use c:windows/options/cab/. But they could be else where like c:/cab/, or they may not even be there. :tazz: if you have 'em there should be a bunch! ;)

SHREEJI

SHREEJI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
there are several files with find on "*.cab".now what to do?

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Find the folder all the cabs are in or at least the folder most of them are in, do you see a file named Setup, it is an exe file? If so double click it and reinstall windows. About all I know to do. :tazz:

SHREEJI

SHREEJI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
they are windows update setup file in winzip files.there is no exe.fil.there are some backup file in winzip flie also.

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Download Everst Home Edition. Install it run it and generate a report. Add the report to your next post as an attachment. That will let us see exactly what system you have, computer model, video card et al. You might try updating your video drivers if we can find what you need. Also have you tried Msconfig, or looking thru your BIOS setup stuff?

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
If it's just the video then figure out what driver you need and just reinstall it. If it's not in CABS just go online and get it.

If you can't figure out the manufacturer, I just open the case and look at the card, then go to that companies website (or and driver site) and download.....

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
if I can interject.....

the lack of those tabs is likely a malware infestation, not a driver issue (though a driver install may be needed to repair it).

Start > run
regedit
enter

navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

select POLICIES folder on the left, then REGISTRY > EXPORT

name it policies.reg and save it on the desktop

Now, zip the file and attach it to this post....is think you have had some system policies add to your computer by a trojan....

Advertisements