Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help using HP Mini recovery discs!

• Please log in to reply

mattfiveoh

mattfiveoh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So i just got my set of 4 recovery cd's for my hp mine from HP. of course they want to charge me 50-100 bucks for their help. so i figured i'd find a forum.

anyways i have an App. & driver recovery dvd disks 1 and 2 an operating system cd and another app recover dvd microsoft works 9.0 i think i have an hp 110 serious if that matters. but what is happening is i got an external cd&dvd player and idk which cd goes first. also my computer will turn on get to where i put in my password and after i put it in a bluescreen flashes and then the computer restarts. the same thing happens when trying to strat up in safe mode.

help please???

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You need to find out what the error message is on the blue screen. To do this tap F8 as the computer is booting. This should bring up an advanced boot menu with a number of options Arrow down to 'disable automatic restart on system failure' then press enter. This will cause the computer to stop on the blue screen so you can actually see what it's saying.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
unless you're just wanting to format and start all over. at which point you'd put in the operating system recovery disk first, choose to format the drive and install the operating system, once that's done you'd use the driver disks to install the drivers for all your hardware.

this process will COMPLETELY remove everything from the computer, so if you've got any data that you want to keep but haven't backed up, don't do this yet

mattfiveoh

mattfiveoh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i think one of my problems is that this is the first time using the external disc drive... so idk if it's jsut that my laptop isn't recognizing it.

um under tech info on the blue screen says: Stop 0x00000044 (0x8655F030, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)and it also says multiple_irp_complete requests but idk if it always says that....