Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD streamin

• Please log in to reply

johnb44

johnb44

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have seen several ads for HD movies sent over N wireless. I have tried on several occasions to send HD through my wireless network to no avail, they stop and start or pixel. I do have a dead spot in my house where no wireless will work but I have tried several other locations with no success. I can not relocate my router because I would have to give up my wired connection to my desktop and TIVO. I have used both a MCE desktop and an extender and several different routers.I had the best picture when I used the aluminum foil antenna that is on facebook. My question is should I keep trying to send HD wireless or is just the way it is going to be.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in my experience, most of those commercials are "stretched" advertising. i'd imagine that if you were standing right next to the router that you'd be able to get a pretty solid stream, but across the house is a little questionable.

wireless (especially N) communication has come a long way, but it's nowhere near where it needs to be for streaming FULL HD video