Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes errors - .dll missing etc - please help

• Please log in to reply

timbooth

timbooth

• Pip
  • 8 posts
This is driving me nuts!!!

My itunes has suddenly stopped opening. I've tried everything I've Googled and am now at a total loss!!!

On booting up mylaptop, I now get an error: 'Applesynchnotifier error. Appleversions.dll missing'

When the computer starts and I double click on itunes, I get the error: 'Webkit.dll missing'

Followed by: 'itunes not installed correctly. Please reinstall. Error 7 (Windows error 126).

I have tried:
uninstalling and installing itunes a million times
installing an older version of itunes
deleting Quicktime (as some on Apple reckon it conflicts with itunes?!?!?)
system restore (but would not restore to an earlier date)
registry cleaners
registry fixer

Has anyone got a simple fix please. I was at this for hours yesterday!!!

Thank you

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
I would like you to uninstall itunes with http://www.revouninstaller.com/ Run sfc /scannow a link explaining how http://pcsupport.abo...he-easy-way.htm Finally install itunes again see what happens.Also I would stay away from registry cleaners unless you know exactly what you are deleting,the registry is like you computers engine,just saying if you do mess with the registry create a restore point before doing so.

timbooth

timbooth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi rockmilk. I used the Revo uninstaller and deleted everything and anything concerned with Apple.

Tried installing the latest itunes and got error 13010 saying to reinstall. I did what every forum in the world recommends, and deleted the genius/library references in itunes and restarted but same error.

Uninstalled absolutely everything again and installed an older itunes - same old error - 13010!!!

itunes will just not install/open correctly!!!!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
did you run the sfc /scannow?

timbooth

timbooth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
TBH, sorry forgot! it was there in print in front of me too! Will uninstall agin and run it now.

Shall I reinstall the most recent itunes afterwards, or try an older one I have?

Thanks for replying

timbooth

timbooth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Scanned it and came back clean, saying:

'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations'

Time to reinstall itunes?

Old or new?

Edited by timbooth, 13 October 2010 - 03:52 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok I am not sure what to tell you but here is a list of every itunes that there is hope this helps you. http://www.oldversion.com/iTunes.html

timbooth

timbooth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
cheers - don't know where to go from here so think I'll just give up and use another comp for itunes. What a crap company!!