Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1+ Inch Bar At Top Of Desk Top!

• Please log in to reply

thekestrel

thekestrel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Recently I was tidying up my desktop and moved a folder to the top of the screen...I think it is possible I accidentally pushed it too high.

The result is a grey bar across the top of the desktop screen, apprx. 1 1/4 inches deep...initially, it had the name of the file in one place, a copy of the folder in another spot and the unzipped download in another spot...they looked like they had just been thrown in there. The folder and download have since disappeared from the bar, leaving just the name of the file.

The folder I was moving did remain in place on the desk top, below the bar, but it was this folder and contents that was copied into the bar

Please can you help me get rid of the bar?

Thank you in advance.

Angie Rinehart

Advertisements

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello Angie :D

have you tried dragging the bar down it should go back to being a folder on the desktop.
i just tried it on my desktop and dragging the bar back down should give you a toolbar/box just press the X to close the toolbar and it should solve your problem.
if not let us know

Edited by dennisK16, 13 October 2010 - 02:16 PM.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
did it solve your problem?

thekestrel

thekestrel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Dennis,

It worked!!! Thank you so much for your help...very much appreciated.

All the best,

Angie

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
your welcome glad its fixed! :D