Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

P.O.S.T. screen clears too fast to read SMART status

• Please log in to reply

CycleRob

CycleRob

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a problem that I think might involve editing the MBR. The PowerOnSelfTest screen displays then clears before I can read the status of the SMART drive scan. I want to read it!! I don't remember how this happened and looking in the BOOT.INI file gave me no answer. Since the POST display is before windows loads, my solution has to be in the MBR file. I have the Partition Commander disc, so when I receive the answer, I can do. Can someone Geek me an answer?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Either press you PAUSE/BREAK key on your keyborad just before your post clears.

or go in your bios and disable your quick boot option this way you may have more time to see what you want.

or install on your PC a S.M.A.R.T. reader program
CrystalDiskInfo 3.7.1 Hard Drive and SSD Monitor Utility Software. it is a freeware
http://techiestalk.c...y-software.html

CrystalDiskInfo is a HDD health monitoring utility. It displays basic HDD information, monitors S.M.A.R.T. values and disk temperature.

Edited by Alzeimer, 14 October 2010 - 06:05 AM.