Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up repair on hp 550

• Please log in to reply

easykay01

easykay01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my laptop started with a start up problem due to a missing or corrupt driver, so i was forced to format because i couldn't get the driver back, after this process was done, the safe mode boot was what i saw next on my pc. even till now, the start up problem is still showing up sometimes. pls i am confused. thanks and waiting for your response

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
With no real information it is hard to tell what your problem is. The H-P 550 notebook did not come with Windows 7 so you may be having a driver problem with the hardware. Here's where i got my information from.

http://h10010.www1.h...15-3764998.html

You also do not explain what the problem you are having is. Many things can cause startup problems. Does windows load in to the regular windows desktop at all? Or just safe mode? If so then you do not have correct drivers for the hardware. You may need to go back to VISTA to make your system work properly. Usually you can get a H-P recovery CD from H-P for a very cheap price. I got one for a older H-P desktop for $35.

Please include as much information as you can so we can look into your problems and see if we can find a answer.

SRX660