Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What folder does windows updates download to?

• Please log in to reply

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Just wandering in case I have a problem with updates.Sometimes they are hard to uninstall.And I thought if you knew where they download to, it would be easier to erase them.If need be.Thanks in advance. ;) ::D:

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
With XP

If you go to your Tools/folder option/View and choose "Show hidden files and folders" after you will be able when you go to C:\WINDOWS to see all your updates (ex: $MSI31Uninstall_KB893803v2$) and in each folder you usually have the uninstall program.

You can also go to your Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs check show updates and all the updates installed on your computer will be displayed, from there you can uninstall any you want.

On Vista and 7 should be similar but do not have enough experience with them to guarantee it is.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Thank you for the reply will let you know if this works when I get the chance to check. :D