Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD with Kernel data inpage error

• Please log in to reply

weaselciuy

weaselciuy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

This is the first time i investigate a BSOD, also first time i get it in the last 10 months. I keep a tidy PC, well maintenanced.

Thing is the last 2 days, PC keeps freezing, watching movies it suddenly stops in the middle, playing dota, it freezes and 1hour ago i got this BSOD. I didnt have small dump on but kernel, i post it here with link if it helps.

LINK

What i also did i went to event viewer and found the following errors and alot of them in the System folder saying this:

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block. (around 500 errors like this)

also

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume Windows 7 (C:) .

Ran a chkdsk and it found alot of bad clusters in different parts of the HDD, music, pictures etc.
Somethimes it dosnt see the HDD in post or bios. Unplug/plug and start again made it reapear.

Is it the HDD?
Why i ask this for 1 week i cant acces my DVD-rom, if i put a cd/dvd it ussualy freezez the PC and it blocks inside. I have to shutdown and start to eject the tray. The DVD is new, burned 1 dvd only . So i`m thinking maybe its the mobo...

its old anyway...now it works. It fails randomly i guess...
Also when it fails it makes weird sounds..

help?:D

Advertisements