Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flat Screen Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Jackg1

Jackg1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On turn-on the monitor shows an image for a split second and then immediately goes to blank white. I've tried switching on and off, changing to a different computer and even removing the video input. The results are the same, a blank white screen. What can cause this and is this worth repairing?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you tried your screen in another computer and you experienced the same problem then it is surely your screen who is defective, you can try another video cable in case the one you have is broken and if it is still doing it after trying a new cable then you will know your screen is the problem.

I am not good at repairing screens but it might only be a loose wire inside or humidity or it as overheated. I had a screen that was working very poorly and before trowing it away I open it clean it with a can of air pressure and check the wires and since then it as been working great (over 2 years now).

Good luck

Jackg1

Jackg1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Many thanks, I'll give it a try.