Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot change brightness on Samsung N150 netbook

• Please log in to reply

ogibbs

ogibbs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After installing the update "Intel Corporation - Display - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150" I now cannot adjust screen brightness. Both brightness function keys and battery 'adjust screen brightness' options will not adjust brightness. Before update screen brightness could be changed as normal.

Current screen resolution is 1024x600

Update released April 2010.
Update type: Optional Intel Corporation Display software

I also managed to uninstall the Graphics Media Accelerator which changed my screen resolution to 1024x768 but enabled me to adjust brightness. I had to reinstall the update in order to revert back to the normal 1024x600 resolution, but this again fixed my screen brightness and there is no obvious way to stop my computer draining battery and blinding me.

Feedback would be much appreciated as the brightness will force me to wear sunglasses whilst using my pc which is not exactly ideal.

Advertisements

samsung150

samsung150

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem with my Samsung N150.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.