Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Trouble

• Please log in to reply

kikiera

kikiera

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi All!

I have a Linksys Wireless Router that has been set up and used. All of my computers are set up wireless. I have two laptops and two desktops. None are getting online. I have switched to using a wired connection to use the internet. I began having this problem yesterday (10-22-2010). I have gotten the message that My IP address isn't being renewed. I went into my router and released then renewed the IP address with no success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a student of an online college and really need my computers to work properly.

Kind regards,

Kikiera :D

Edited by kikiera, 24 October 2010 - 12:33 PM.

Advertisements

Natechie

Natechie

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Have you tried resetting then rebooting your router? If you're not sure how to do it, here is a step-by-step guide.

kikiera

kikiera

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have reset and rebooted the wireless router and also my cable modem. It didn't work I have unplugged and restarted my pc without the router or modem attached the reattached them when I restarted my pc. That didn't work either. There are no updates for any of the drivers that I am using with this hardware.

Kikiera :D