Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with popup

• Please log in to reply

jackielee

jackielee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I use the internet I am getting a window in the top left hand corner open every few seconds, it is for searching the internet, which I dont want to do. I have to close it to allow me to use the page I am on. I have right clicked on it and it comes up with something about unicodes and ime. i have no idea what to do with it. I have restored my computer back two weeks ands run my virus scan which is McAfee and it is showing that I have no viruses. Any help would be wonderful and greatley apprecitated.

Advertisements

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Which browser are you using?

CountryWizard

CountryWizard

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Sounds like a trojan to me which McAfee won't always find. Wasteful program anyway IMHO... AVG Is much better... Try downloading Malware Bytes...It should find it for you... Run in Safe mode to make sure nothing is loaded in memory...

JasonWinTeam

JasonWinTeam

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Consider trying a different browser... to compare if the same things happens in both. It could be a virus... You may want to give Microsoft Security Essentials a try. Let us know how things proceed.

Cheers,
Jason
Windows Outreach Team