Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote desktop not connecting - xp pro sp3

• Please log in to reply

shall58

shall58

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I have searched many threads and on-line for sorting this problem out, but no luck, and apologies as I am a newby with limited tech know-how.

I have two similar spec desktops at home, and I want to connect via RDC, as I figured this is the best way I can access i-Tunes running on one, without continually having to update the other. Both machines are running XP Pro with SP3. Router is a Sagem supplied by Sky Broadband.

Although I cannot see the Remote tab on either in System Properties, I seem to have got round this be creating a desktop shortcut to mstsc.exe, which gets the Remote Desktop Connection box up. I enter the IP address of the other desktop, and user name, but get the "connection failed" message - from either end.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Advertisements