Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading an ancient system

• Please log in to reply

Astraithious

Astraithious

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody I am coming here today to see if i can get some help on some ideas to prolong the very long life of my friends computer, i am willing to help him out up to around like 200-250$ or so. Now lets see what we can do with this old thing lol.

The computer is this http://docs.us.dell....s.htm#wp1076752

I know, It is a disposable computer and i do not know how he manages to play wow and raid ICC 25 with it. It ran out of hard drive space which is why i am helping him out with it, it was around 20 gigs of space(brings me back lol) and stopped working so i said i would have a look at it

I built my own computer however this computer is from so far back in the day i never really knew anything about stuff back then =) So i would love to have some constructive help from members of this board.

What i want to do is essentially make this as best as it can to be squeeze out maybe another year so he can buy another computer.

So things i figured
Video card---- Has to be PCI
Memory- 2 gigs of ram max
Processor- Can i even change this on this thing?
Power supply if i only really have to-
Hard drive- Not sure what size , he plays wow and its almost 100 gigs by itself these days with everything he has.

Any ideas would be much appreciated thank you.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sorry for the delay mate,

Are you still wanting help with this?

Cheers