Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

im having wifi networking problems

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
i bought a second hand laptop from a store. on the whole it seems fine, the speeds are great at home, no problems. however at the library, although it connects to the internet the connection isnt very good. it doesnt get good speeds and it doesnt stay connected for long. i assumed this was a problem at the library but others dont seem to be having the same problem. i assume the issue is that the signal exists there but its not as strong as it is at home, so people w/ stronger connections arent having a problem but in my second-hand computer its an issue.

i happened to have a d-link wireless adapter usb at home. i tried that. exact same problem, i didnt notice any change in behaviour. i had taken my computer to futureshop the night before and asked them what the problem is, they also said they dont see a problem with it and i should try out a wireless usb. but no go. i dont know if its b/c i havent configured my wireless properly or some other issue?

if anyone could advise id be grateful.

Advertisements