Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

downloading the microsoft ATS engine

• Please log in to reply

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Downloading the Microsoft ATS engine
Fix it troubleshooting cannot continue because an error occurred
We're sorry, but we encounterd an unexpected problem downloading a file and cannot complete the diagnostic solution. Please try again later. I have tried many times. It used to say it was already running.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Do you mean ATS as in automated troubleshooting service?
Are you trying to download it from here: http://support.micro....com/fixit#tab0 ?

If this doesn't work, just tell us your problem in the first place, and we can solve it for you.

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Downloaded Mozilla Firefox and it downloaded it no problem. Found a problem ATS couldn't fix and that concerns Daylight Savings Time. ty

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Help someone with the Daylight Savings Time problem

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Can you describe your problem in more detail?
It has to do with the system clock, I infer. What exactly is wrong with it?

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
the only thing i know is microsoft ATV fix it, found the problem but couldn't fix it.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
What is ATS?

What is ATV?

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ATS = Automated Troubleshooting Services AV = Anti-virus
Microsoft has a new program called Microsoft Fix It which is an ATS not too many fix its for XP however, but that's how i found out i have a daylight savings time problem

Edited by Darlene Stillar, 01 November 2010 - 01:25 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Can you describe your problem in more detail?
It has to do with the system clock, I infer. What exactly is wrong with it?

Could you answer my initial questions?
What is going on with the DST setting on your computer? Is it on when it should be off, or vice versa?

Darlene Stillar

Darlene Stillar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I click the clock and up comes Date and Time properties. Automatically adjust clock for DST IS clicked. Is that what you needed to know? ty

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
So is your system clock showing the wrong time? I live in LA, California and DST is still on.
This is what I read:

According to Daylight Savings Time 2010 schedule, for all residents of US and Canada, effective Sunday, November 7, 2010 the clocks fall back to Standard Time. The official change will occur at 7.30 PM IST (6 AM Eastern Standard Time). During Standard Time, clocks are turned backward an hour, effectively moving an hour of daylight from evening to morning. Daylight Saving Time will return on March 14, 2011 in the US and Canada.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

The official change will occur at 7.30 PM IST (6 AM Eastern Standard Time).

http://www.webexhibi...tsaving/b2.html

In the U.S., clocks change at 2:00 a.m. local time.

In spring, clocks spring forward from 1:59 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.; in fall, clocks fall back from 1:59 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. In the EU, clocks change at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time. In spring, clocks spring forward from 12:59 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.; in fall, clocks fall back from 1:59 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.

In the United States, Daylight Saving Time commences at 2:00 a.m. to minimize disruption. However, many states restrict bars from serving alcohol between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. At 2:00 a.m. in the fall, however, the time switches back one hour. So, can bars serve alcohol for that additional hour? Some states claim that bars actually stop serving liquor at 1:59 a.m., so they have already stopped serving when the time reverts to Standard Time. Other states get solve the problem by saying that liquor can be served until "two hours after midnight." In practice, however, many establishments stay open an extra hour in the fall.

In the U.S., 2:00 a.m. was originally chosen as the changeover time because it was practical and minimized disruption. Most people were at home and this was the time when the fewest trains were running. It is late enough to minimally affect bars and restaurants, and it prevents the day from switching to yesterday, which would be confusing. It is early enough that the entire continental U.S. switches by daybreak, and the changeover occurs before most early shift workers and early churchgoers are affected.