Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loss of drivers now no internet

• Please log in to reply

camjones1708

camjones1708

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I made the mistake of upgrading my HP Pavilion s7210n slimline PC to windows 7 and then realized that there weren't any sound drivers designed to work with windows 7 and that computer so i downgraded back to windows xp and now i can't connect to the internet. I've tried downloading the starting drivers from HP and installing them but the modem driver won't install. Well it installs but nothing happens, the file runs and then says continue installation from the drivers/modem folder and there is no modem folder there. I think i found my old drivers folder from my previous windows xp set up but it is full of .sys files and I googled what to do with them and everyone says that you can't do anything without .inf or .exe files. I'm just kind of stumped what to do here because I can't get internet access from that computer and can't just run an hp updater or something. The specific driver that is yellow is the ethernet controller and i've googled where to download it and couldn't find it. I then thought to try and install my linksys adapter to get internet access and I can connect the the access point but can't get internet access from it. I'm used to mac os x so I don't know how all these drivers and things work on windows so if somebody could help me out.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go.

You need to start with the chipset drivers. They are located Here under "Original Drivers".
The one you want is Fall 2005 Original Intel Chipset Drivers

camjones1708

camjones1708

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks! I'll try it and get back to you.

camjones1708

camjones1708

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
It worked thanks! But my next question is where can i find the drivers for "ethernet controller" and "PCI Device" these are my only two left that are still yellow.

camjones1708

camjones1708

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm having to reinstall everything everytime I restart? why is that?