Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS Sony Vaio Laptop

• Please log in to reply

pooka 95

pooka 95

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can I get into the BIOS on a Sony Vaio other than F2. After multiple attemps I can get in. I need to change the boot order so I can reinstall Windows.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Most laptops allow you to select the boot device on a temporary "one off" basis so you don't have to go into the BIOS Setup and risk messing up a vital BIOS parameter or changing the semi-permanent boot sequence.

Try F11 or read the laptop's manual. Never had a Sony laptop so I'm just going by how most other laptops work that I've encountered.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 02 November 2010 - 04:30 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
To answer your question, I have never seen where there are more than one way to access the BIOS Setup Menu. If your BIOS requires F2, then F2 it is. Some require F11, some F1. Mine requires pressing the Del key.

pooka 95

pooka 95

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, That got it.