Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware & Virus - can't get rid

• Please log in to reply

MrsF

MrsF

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I've been directed here by someone who says you can help. I apologise in advance, am a bit of a notgeek so will try to explain as best I can.

This morning started experiencing problems after visiting a forum I frequent where lots of other people experiencing problems - they suspect it's to do with adware. Problems were for example; email signature removed from emails, adobe acrobat wouldn't load until reboot, facebook; can read messages but can't post or see notifications or anything else.

did virus scan - kaspersky and loads upon loads of virus' trojans etc etc. Then ran malware and similar. Cleared all of these - rebooted and still loads coming up on kaspersky, as fast as I was clearing them they were coming again. Nothing on malware so was advised to download and run superantispyware which came up with 300+ dangerous files. Got rid of those, got rid of kaspersky ones, rebooted and all seemed calm for a while.

In meantime I also installed adblocker.

Am currently running kaspersky again and at 16% complete its found 18 dangerous objects, malware has found nothing yet and superantisphy has so far found 23 adware:tracking cookie.

This is of course gobbledegook to me so if any of you can point me in the right direction I really would be most grateful - I have spent 5 hours now tryng to get this sorted.

many thanks

Advertisements